Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Song Poem





Suga’ Happens…

Drunk every night, freshman yr., like snooki
That’s a simile I believe, good looking
Out
Yeahhh…

See you later alligator
Yeah, I took a pause
Suga’ just happens, get it cracking
There’s no room for flaws
Well pardon me,
I guess I'm misplaced out of this ideology
Cause what I believe to be sane as well as morally engrained
In the essence of our being           
Maybe voidness, like Buddhist teaching.

Whatever the case, it’s a race
Survival of the fittest
Aye yo Father Time, can you tell
Baby New Year to bear witness
Cause it’s a new age of rebirth
Another Renaissance of some sorts
Suga’ just happens
Best believe, it is present
Baring gifts of the worst possible satisfaction.

Music blaring in my phones, monster beats printed
Black like the identity I presumed and was politically given
I don’t mind though I like it
In the sense that I must admit that
There must be a gene engraved in my DNA
Its so hard to explain so I’ll break it down, even skip foreplay

Speaking from a stereotypical given,
Lessons of American living,
A dream only achieved whilst one’s sleepin’,
Borderline acceptingly called, myself African American.

Wheeww, another one
Back to the meaning of the truth of which we come
From a life in which we struggle, then it always comes down to one
To start a Revolution, or maybe not that extreme in all cases
For example, Harriet T maybe the coolest woman I could ever known existed
Conducted a movement, disguised it as a railroad
Light posts guided the way as safe points
With hidden tolls,
This story could never get old.

Wake up and breathe,
Take a second and look around
Read your history
Yeah, it just got personal
Like I just had a moment, lost in time
Tears drop for the fallin’ souls
Shall you reach true happiness, real talk.

Black people need to take a stand
Because with struggle comes success
Cause it takes a hard worker, simple comparative as that
To achieve greatness in a world of the racially oppressed
And one would think MLK teachings…
Pardon the brief introduction
Would have been instilled in our hearts instead of movies and booklets

We praise him, Malcolm X, and we can’t forget Miss Rosa
Pocket full of dreams, they had rallies like sold out stadium concerts
Spreading music, old-school tunes, remixed by my time’s musicians
And this melody should float off the vibrations instead of getting lost in translation
Their message left the minds of our youth
Leaving them in despair, oh what’s the use?
I guess we didn’t take the latter
Made what we call the “White Man’s” pocket fatter
Black people we exploit ourselves like we lost all hope, a change a comin’
I hope

But I digress, suga’ happens daily
That’s why my mind can’t seem to stop going crazy
In a good way,
All the bad teaches me and makes me enlightened
I feel more connected to my feelings and my surroundings
Letting people know when I’m not vibein’ their speech, lip
Gotta have the last word, then dip, just avoiding conflict 
A step in developing consciousness

But suga’ happens, we’re prevented
Limited and ignorantly oblivious,
Of the actions that we've taken,
To leave us dependent on the “enemy” turning our backs on our brothers and sisters
Who cares if the N-word comes up
Don’t respond if you know that’s not you
Bully’s feed off of control and abuse
So lets stop internalizing ideologies,
And combat the real problems, words are just mirages
Who will lead us to finally take a stand?
No words spoken, in this present time, when? 



picture: http://www.indiatalkies.com/2011/08/pak-leaders-talk-state-oppression-home-swept-carpet.html






No comments:

Post a Comment